Sunday, September 16, 2012

31 Days Challenge

 

I am so excited to make this announcement! Last year, I followed Kelly at Imperfect Homemaking on her 31 day journey to a more organized home as part of the 31 Day Challenge from The Nester.  This year, I've decided to take the challenge myself as a way to continue the hard work Pen and I have put in so far in the month of September throughout the month of October. 

I love the way I have felt these past 16 days!  Having control over our money has made us feel more in control of ourselves and our lives, and I want to pass on those good feelings to all of you!  Our long-term goal is to live a simpler life, and we're starting with ridding ourselves of the useless stress that comes along with overspending.  We've decided we'd rather have memories than stuff, but in order to do that, we need to get our finances under control! 

So what can you expect from me during the month of October?  I've got more recipes, DIY fall crafts (I lurve fall!), homemade Halloween costumes for the Piglets and Pen, and many other ways we're saving money while making memories.  I hope you will follow me on this journey.

2 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT idea! I'm interested to see what you post! I also was inspired by Kelly and I think I might do 31 Days to Simplifying Life with a Baby, but I'm still toying with the idea and scribbling notes. We'll see. It's always good to choose something that you are already passionate about and working on in your home--as you are--and so I'm trying to find that niche for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Becca! Good luck on your 31 Days challenge as well. I look forward to following along with you!

      Delete