Saturday, September 22, 2012

Broken Rules

Today was Piglet 1's sixth bithday.  Pen and I were up until 1:00 this morning, decorating, making cakes (yes, I said "cakes", more details to come), and "cleaning" (by "cleaning" I mean obtaining the appearance of clean, not actually clean . . . please don't look in my bathtub).  Then we woke up at 7:00 this morning to finish.  The party started at 11:00 and everyone was gone by 5:00.  Pen and I are both exhausted, as are the Piglets.  We broke our own rule and ate out for dinner.  I'm disappointed, but at the same time, we went twenty two days without eating out for a single meal, and I think that's pretty damn good, especially considering how much we ate out before.

I know I went over my $40 budget for Piglet's party, but I still did it so much cheaper than any of his other parties!  There were 25 people at my house from anywhere from 4 to 6 hours, I am exhausted, and I am going to bed!!!

1 comment:

  1. you may not have met the goals you set, but you have made vast improvments...besides cheating is fun now and then! heehe

    ReplyDelete